Sunday, August 26, 2012

Piece rebuilt & kiln issues

Nearly two weeks later (while moving the swan along), I've rebuilt the piece that was destroyed. It is larger than the last one and has a few additional separate pieces. One extends down the center, one will suspend off the side, and another mounts upward on a rod. The piano wires will be attached after firing with green plastic fittings. It is 14" diameter by 24" high.








A new controller for my kiln was installed yesterday but unfortunately it is still tripping the circuit breaker. I just hope it can be fixed without too much more expense and be up and running this week. I've arranged to have my smaller kiln re-wired so it can also be hooked up to the same digital controller. This will be such an improvement over the manual switches!

No comments:

Post a Comment