Saturday, July 21, 2012

There & Here

I thought it would be helpful to post the installation shots from AIB as I move forward into the residency.  I've listened to the crits and am writing the summary.  It seems like I just need to work through the various directions rather than pick one. 




I've wheel thrown and built 7 large pots which will form the bottom layer of a large mound. Maybe I'll throw in a swan, or dare I say duck in the pile up? The mass is too wide for my largest kiln but I decided I wouldn't confine myself and will find a way to have them fired. 

Before & After shots:





Other things I am thinking about: tying up an inflatable, hanging an inflatable swan from a wooden frame on the wall (like from a hunt), reflections of a duck in a creek, the carved folds in an 18th century wooden angel statue, and Lynda Benglis' poured works.


No comments:

Post a Comment