Sunday, September 25, 2011

studio update







Heading into the last week of September.  I've started up fall classes at the Davis Art Center and expect to begin teaching at Esparto Elementary School next month.  With Robert Ortball's suggestion, I had a wall built so I can display my works that need to be hung.  It was quite the project; a wooden frame on wheels (which I found from an old desk while just cleaning up the studio) with wall boards and particle board between.  After painting the wall, I grouped the last batch of ceramic forms to create an installation.  A kiln is cooling with several more works including a pound or so of "pinches", a circular mound with protruding bubbles, and another cell structure.  Then I hand built another large cup, threw the saucer from a slab, and proceeded to run it over tonight.  I will mimic a willow ware pattern but am not sure what will spill out of it yet - maybe some rubber ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment